Etanol.nu

Forum för föreningen etanol.nu
Aktuellt datum och tid: tor 24-03-28 17:58

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 4 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
InläggPostat: tor 09-10-29 10:17 

Hello!

As i know, till cold start gasoline liquid (not vaporised) fuel, injected into engine, washing out oil film from cylinder walls, and this greatly increases wear of the engine.

how do you think, ethanol dissolves oil film too?

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tor 09-10-29 11:36 
Forummoderator

The main cause for wear at cold starts is not that the fuel washes the oil film away, but that the water condensate from the exhaust gases emulgates with the oil, forming something like a cutting compound. This cause of wear occurs as well with gaseous fuels like biogas, CNG and so on, which never is in liquid form within the engine.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tor 09-10-29 11:52 

do you mean something like this?

Bild

Bild

Bild

but i talking about cranking - time, when your starter working, engine turning, but there is no flashes inside and many liquid fuel on the walls of the cylinders.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tor 09-10-29 15:35 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

Yes, that is just "mayonaise" which happens if the engine oil is not getting warm enough.

As ethanol and mineral engine-oil can not mix I think the problem of unburned petrol disolving the oilfilm is not the same.

Just test two pieces of iron with an oilfilm and have some ethol on one and petrol on he other. I think the one whased wih petrol will easily rust and the one washed with ethanol will not loose its oilfilm, bu I havent tried is myself.

As petrol desolves in engine oild the old gets thinner over time, with ethanol you'll get the slude as on your photos, but once the oild is warm enough all ethanol will evapourate while petrol will not otally evaporate from the oil.

/Aryan

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 4 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme