Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 5 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
InläggPostat: tor 09-06-04 00:28 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/8539753

Citat:
The financial crisis that dried up credit everywhere hit the global biofuel industry hard but the fuel-versus-food debate last year did even more damage to the European ethanol sector, the block's largest ethanol association said on Wednesday.

The industry, which now struggles against overcapacity and falling demand for biofuels, will be able to "easily" supply the local market until the end of 2011.

"I believe the impact of the food-fuel debate was bigger on our industry than the crisis right now," the general-secretary of the European Bioethanol Fuel Association, Rob Vierhout, told Reuters on the sidelines of the Ethanol Summit.

"In Brazil, the investments stopped because the lack of funds (due to the crisis). The investments stopped in Europe because lack of political reliability," he said.

As commodities such as corn hit record prices in mid-2008, many around the world started to blame ethanol production as the main driver for grain prices.

Ethanol is made primarily from sugar cane in Brazil and corn in the United States.

Vierhout said he does not see investments in the sector picking up again before late next year or 2011. But until then, local supplies will be more than enough to address the local demand, in part, because several new plants are expected to come on-line.

"We can easily supply the market until the end of 2011 ... I don't think there is a huge demand for investors," he said.

Imports from Brazil, the world's largest ethanol exporter, are expected to drop this year, possibly to around 1 billion liters, compared with 1.5 billion liters in 2008.

"There's simply too much ethanol around in Europe," Vierhout said, adding the situation got so bad that major oil companies, which are usually consumers of the fuel, are selling ethanol locally to other oil companies or independent blenders.

"They had bought so much that now they're selling on the market, and they're selling for very, very low prices. I'm pretty sure they're losing money," he said.

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

InläggPostat: tor 09-06-04 00:46 

aryan skrev:
"They had bought so much that now they're selling on the market, and they're selling for very, very low prices. I'm pretty sure they're losing money," he said.

Japp, speciellt här i Sverige har vi märkt av att de säljer för mycket lägre priser... :evil:

Volvo V70 -98 140 hk blandtankas ca 50/50
Volvo V70 -98 170 hk blandtankas ca 50/50
VW Polo -95 blandtankas
VW Polo -98 blandtankas
VW Polo -04 blandtankas
Yamaha XJ 900 -85

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tor 09-06-04 15:40 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

Det kanske gäller bara etanolen som används till låginblandningen, men annars har Tamoil i Holland såld E85 till samma pris som bensin trots att E85 där har samma beskattning som bensin alltså säkert såld E85 med rejäl förlust när bensinen var så biligt som i vintras.

/Aryan

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tor 09-06-11 15:00 

Ordnung skrev:
Europa har ju haft kött- och sädberg i 20 år med protektionistisk stödpolitik. Livsmedelsdebatten ska nog ses som ett försök att sätta ett horn i sidan på u-länderna så de inte säljer etanol till oss och - ve och fasa - mat! Än så länge räcker jordklotet till mat men hamnar alla på Sveriges nivå tar jorden slut.

--------------------------------------------

Jordbrukspolitiken inom EU är åt h-e. Därom kan vi vara överens. Minskade jordbrukssubventioner inom EU och ökad öppenhet för import av livsmedel från länder utanför EU skulle vara hälsosamt.

Men debatten om food vs. fuel är inte orelevant för det. Tyvärr kommer den att finnas så länge som etanol produceras av sådana grödor som annars hade kunnat bli livsmedel.

Den gäller för all del även biogas som produceras av grödor genom 'forcerad rötning'. I många fall hade det varit bättre att göra etanol i stället.

mvh/BP

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 5 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme