Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 3 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
InläggPostat: fre 09-10-23 11:20 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_r ... rget.html#

Citat:
Biofuels rather than electric cars to meet renewables target

Industry research says biofuels, not electric cars or biogas likely to make up majority of renewable transport targets but admits some will need to be imported

Biofuels should make up the majority of the UK's target for 10 per cent of all road transport energy to come from renewable sources by 2020, according to new research.

A report carried out by the Renewable Energy Association (REA) and peer-reviewed by Imperial College London says the domestic arable sector would be able to meet bioethanol demands.

However, it admits that virtually all biodiesal would need to be imported.

The report says technologies like electric cars and biogas would not be ready to make a major contribution by 2020.

REA said 'negativity' around biofuels in the UK had put off investors and that the infrastructure was still lacking in the UK. It said with the right commitments from the Government, bioethanol production in the UK had the potential to rise by 20 times its current level by 2020.

But Friends of the Earth expressed concern at the admission that nearly all biodiesal would need to be imported.

It said that the clearing of land to grow the biofuel crops needed to meet this demand, such as soy and oil palm, was having a, 'devastating impact on the world's forests'.

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

InläggPostat: lör 09-10-24 18:06 

aryan skrev:
http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_round_up/342393/biofuels_rather_than_electric_cars_to_meet_renewables_target.html#

Citat:
Biofuels rather than electric cars to meet renewables target

Industry research says biofuels, not electric cars or biogas likely to make up majority of renewable transport targets but admits some will need to be imported

Biofuels should make up the majority of the UK's target for 10 per cent of all road transport energy to come from renewable sources by 2020, according to new research.

A report carried out by the Renewable Energy Association (REA) and peer-reviewed by Imperial College London says the domestic arable sector would be able to meet bioethanol demands.

However, it admits that virtually all biodiesal would need to be imported.

The report says technologies like electric cars and biogas would not be ready to make a major contribution by 2020.

REA said 'negativity' around biofuels in the UK had put off investors and that the infrastructure was still lacking in the UK. It said with the right commitments from the Government, bioethanol production in the UK had the potential to rise by 20 times its current level by 2020.

But Friends of the Earth expressed concern at the admission that nearly all biodiesal would need to be imported.

It said that the clearing of land to grow the biofuel crops needed to meet this demand, such as soy and oil palm, was having a, 'devastating impact on the world's forests'.

---------------------------------------------
Detta handlar om UK.

Vad man säger är att varken biogas eller el hinner bli något stort alternativ till 2020.

10% av transportsektorns behov skall vara förnybart 2020. Detta klarar man tydligen till stor del genom låginblandning av etanol i bensinen. Etanolen skall framställas i UK, vilket antagligen betyder spannmålsetanol a la Agroetanol i Norrköping. Man tänker tydligen inte alls importera etanol.

Dessutom pratar man lite om biodiesel. Biodiesel tycks man dock vara tvungen att importera, varvid miljöorganisationer uttrycker farhågor för att det skall vara palmolja.

mvh/BP

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: sön 09-10-25 22:29 
Forummoderator

Enkla logiska slutsatser, utan klåfingriga politiker som kollrats bort av ngn lobbyist.

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 3 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme