Etanol.nu

Forum för föreningen etanol.nu
Aktuellt datum och tid: tis 24-03-19 03:25

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 1 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
InläggPostat: ons 14-11-05 10:58 

E15 godkänt för 70% av 2015 års bilmodeller i USA (ffv modeller inkluderat) av tillverkarna enligt RFAs sammanställning. EPA (US Environmental Protection Agency) godkänner sen några år tillbaks E15 för alla bilar/lätta truck) modeller 2001 eller nyare.

Bild

Nyheten för 2015 är att Toyota, Honda och Porche samtliga modeller nu är E15 godkända av tillverkarna.

Även Audi, Jaguar, Land Rover och Volkswagen, samt GM och Ford, har godkänt samtliga modeller (innefattar även 2014 för en del). De flesta Lexus är även godkända, men inte alla.

Citat:
A Renewable Fuels Association analysis of model year (MY) 2015 warranty statements and owner’s manuals reveals that auto manufacturers explicitly approve the use of E15 (15 percent ethanol, 85 percent gasoline) in approximately two-thirds of new vehicles. E15 is approved by U.S. EPA for all 2001 and newer vehicles — accounting for roughly 80 percent of the vehicles on the road today.

Based on the latest vehicle sales and market share data, nearly 63 percent of MY 2015 vehicles will have unequivocal E15 approval from their manufacturers. When coupled with expected MY 2015 flex-fuel vehicle (FFV) production, it is estimated that E15 will be allowed in close to 70 percent of MY 2015 vehicles. Manufacturers approve the use of up to 85 percent ethanol blends in FFVs.

“This election day — and every day — Americans want the freedom to choose what fuel to put into their vehicles. For years, Big Oil has monopolized the market and limited that choice. But, today’s analysis should send a clear message to the EPA and Congress that E15 is here to stay. Even with falling gas prices, ethanol remains the lowest cost liquid transportation fuel on the planet. If EPA reverses course and embraces the statutory levels of the renewable fuel standard, E15 and higher level ethanol blends will propel our country past the so-called ‘blend wall’ and increased biofuels use will move our country to a clean and sustainable future,” stated Bob Dinneen, president and CEO of the RFA.

The RFA analysis revealed several promising trends, including:

- After approving the use of E15 in some of its 2014 Honda and Acura models, Honda Motor Co. has extended E15 warranty coverage to all models in 2015.

- All Toyota models in 2015 include explicit E15 approval, up from just a fraction of Toyota models in 2014. Just as in 2014, E15 is approved for use in most, but not all, 2015 Lexus models.

- For the fourth year in a row, General Motors approves the use of E15 in all models. Similarly, E15 is approved in all Ford models for the third year in a row. Vehicles from these two automakers alone account for roughly one-third of sales in the United States.

- Audi, Jaguar, Land Rover, Porsche, and Volkswagen also expressly approved the use of E15 in their 2015 models.

- Inexplicably, the Chrysler Group failed for the fourth year in a row to approve the use of E15 in owners’ manuals for its models. Still, a significant share of Chrysler output is expected to be FFV-capable, meaning E15 is approved for use in those vehicles.

Källa:
http://ethanolrfa.3cdn.net/56a8c3f0fe52 ... 6b5gfh.pdf
http://www.ethanolproducer.com/articles ... w-vehicles

Kan jämföras med vad dessa tillverkare tidigare har sagt om E15
Citat:
The EPA may feel that E15 is safe, but automakers don’t necessarily agree. Chrysler Group LLC, Ford Motor Company, Toyota Motor Corporation, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Honda Motor Company, Hyundai Motor Company, Kia Motors Corporation, Mazda Motor Corporation, Nissan Motor Company, Volkswagen AG and Volvo Car Corporation have all written letters of protest, and some have gone so far as to say use of E15 may void vehicle warranties. The letters were sent to Representative James Sensenbrenner, a Wisconsin Republican determined to force the EPA to withdraw its approval of E15.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/10 ... l-proposal
https://autoskills.aaa.com/documents/11 ... 4ccc611b70

Volvo är lite intressant. Läser man Volvos manualer på deras engelska sida är de OK med 10% etanol, men 15% MTBE, 0% Metanol. MTBE är bara med i den engelska instruktionsböckerna vad jag kan se.

Att de godkänner 15% MTBE men bara 10% etanol är även lite lustigt, om man tittar på vad för material som är OK med vad:
Bild

Är Volvos slangar och packningar gjorda av Teflon? Annars borde de vara OK med all etanol i världen om de även ska vara beständiga mot bensin och MTBE (för att inte nämna att det inte är någon skillnad på 10% och 15% inblandning, vad kemikaliebeständigheten är beträffad).

Vanliga PVC bränsle-slangar:
Bild

Såklart, inte bara slangar och packningar som spelar roll, men då är frågan vad annat de har där 5% gör skillnad? (För etanol, men inte MTBE) En *väldigt* kinkig bränsledator?

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 1 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme