Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 2 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik: Ur Ny Teknik
InläggPostat: fre 07-02-09 14:12 

Bomullsolja i Indien. Ny teknik 070209
PUBLICERAD 070209, 13:56
Indisk bomull ger kraft i Ericssons nät
Bomull och andra oätliga grödor lämpar sig för att producera biodiesel, som kan driva basstationer i de indiska mobilnäten. Ericsson deltar i ett försök som nu ska testas på allvar.

Läs mer: http://www.nyteknik.se/art/49032

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre 07-03-09 23:31 
Forummoderator
Användarvisningsbild

The US Sustainable Energy Corporation (USSEC) recently reported that it can manufacture a new type of biofuel at a cost of only 10 cents a litre. This biofuel also has a number of special characteristics. The company claims that the new biofuel can be pumped at 60 degrees Celsius. The energy-content per litre is very similar to petrol. The viscosity is very favourable and it is inflammable from 30 degrees Celsius. Crystal formation only takes place at a temperature of -55 degrees Celsius.

These qualities ensure that the fuel can be used directly in its purest form, and that existing diesel engines need no modification. This new biofuel can also be used as a blend of 50% biofuel and 50% petrol, without any modification being necessary to existing petrol engines. A new pyrolysis process, together with hydrolysis, results in a far more efficient production of this new biofuel. A standard input unit (e.g. soya beans) produces 2-3 times as much fuel as with conventional biodiesel conversion techniques.

USSEC plans to build its first production plant in Natchez, Mississippi, with a daily production capacity of 12,000 barrels. The biofuels will first be converted into electricity for the town of Vidalia in Louisiana. The electricity manufacturer Pratt & Whitney has a strategic alliance with USSEC, and is responsible for the conversion. This year the partners expect to generate 40 megawatts of power, though the eventual target is 1000 megawatt in 2008. In the future USSEC will focus on the transport market for biofuels, at least as soon as they have the necessary certification.

Källa: http://gave.novem.nl/novem_2005/index.a ... etail=1310

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 2 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme