Forum för föreningen etanol.nu
Aktuellt datum och tid: tor 24-03-28 19:36

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 12 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik: Dieselenol, DE95, Etamax
InläggPostat: lör 08-09-13 17:57 

Hello!

how can i find more detailed information about Dieselenol, DE95, Etamax?

did anyone use it?

thank you!
Andrey.

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

Inläggsrubrik: Etamax D
InläggPostat: lör 08-09-13 18:43 

Info in Swedish, but look for translating in Google.
http://www.pfi.no/Biodrivstoff/2/Foredragene/SEKAB.pdf

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: sön 08-09-14 09:29 

Thank you.

do you know, where can i find the documents like motor tests, made in university or by truck/bus owners, or wrere are real users of Etamax D telling about it ?

i found some information like that about E95, but nothing about Etamax...

i already found a lot of advertising broshures or articles, contains only cute pictures but not real information or data. i try to send e-mail to Xcel plus (developer of Etamax) but they do not answer.

maybe someone on this forum can help me with some questions, it will be great :-)

1. can i use Etamax in diesel engine without any changing in engine?

2. is AFR for Etamax different (compared with diesel fuel) and is a "L/100km" parameter bigger, that for diesel fuel?

Thank you very much!

PS sorry, my English maybe is not very good, I practice without a translator.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: sön 08-09-14 20:53 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

Etamax = E95, 95% etanol and and something that improves self ignition

Obormot skrev:
1. can i use Etamax in diesel engine without any changing in engine?

No you will need to adapt the engine I don't think it is as easy as adapting a petrol car for E85.

Obormot skrev:
2. is AFR for Etamax different (compared with diesel fuel) and is a "L/100km" parameter bigger, that for diesel fuel?.

Yes the AF must be somewhere about 9:1 fpr etamax.

The L/100 km will also increase but not the energy/km that will probably be the same or even a little less due to increased efficiency (no soot = completer combustion & less heat losses).

/Aryan

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: sön 08-09-14 21:24 
Forummoderator

The major problem when converting a diesel engine for using Etamax-D is that the compression ratio must be much higher than for ordinary diesel fuel (one source states that the Scania's Etamax-D engines from the nineties had a compression ratio of about 24:1 while their ordinary diesel engines of the same generation hade about 16:1). That higher compression ratio causes a much higher peak pressure in the cylinder, and there has been large problems to get the engines to withstand that pressure. Problems with piston pin bearings, cylinder head gaskets etc have been very common.

It is not much use to speak of a specific A/F ratio for a diesel fuel or diesel engine, as it is a matter of the diesel principle that the engine always runs "lean" - i.e. with an A/F ratio much higher than the stoichometric ratio. And the "leanness" varies depending on the engine's load and rpm.

If one wants to use a non-fossile fuel in a conventional diesel engine, then it is better to look for RME or any other kind of "bio-diesel" fuel than spending a lot of work and money in trying to get the engine to work reliably on Etamax-D.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: mån 08-09-15 07:03 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

torbjorn skrev:
It is not much use to speak of a specific A/F ratio for a diesel fuel or diesel engine, as it is a matter of the diesel principle that the engine always runs "lean" - i.e. with an A/F ratio much higher than the stoichometric ratio. And the "leanness" varies depending on the engine's load and rpm.

Of coarse, forgot to mention that, but still full throttle would mean ca twice as much E95 as with diesel.

torbjorn skrev:
If one wants to use a non-fossile fuel in a conventional diesel engine, then it is better to look for RME or any other kind of "bio-diesel" fuel than spending a lot of work and money in trying to get the engine to work reliably on Etamax-D.

Yes it would also be intresting to see if mixtures of E85 and rapeseedoil could work.

/Aryan

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: mån 08-09-15 08:12 

Hello!

maybe you mean E95 when you talking about high compression?
it really requires high compression, like 1:22 for 2-stroke and 1:28 for 4-stroke.

that text i take from site of developer of Diesenol (XcelPlus):

--- cut ---

DE95 is a Diesenol blend whereby the fuel is made from 95% ethanol and roughly 5% of our proprietary additive blend package. Due to the nature of this new fuel, slight modifications to the fuel injection system and fuel pump timing will be needed.
Application: Buses, Heavy Duty Trucks and Pickups, Machinery

DE85 is a Diesenol blend whereby the fuel is made from E85 ethanol and our proprietary additive blend package. DE85™ can be dispensed through a Blender Pump at stations selling E85. Testing to date shows that this new fuel does not require any modifications to the fuel injection system or the fuel pump timing and proves the fuel to be as powerful as petroleum based diesel fuel but delivering significantly less Sulfur Oxides and Particulate Matter pollutants which are major contributors to global warming and smog.
Application: Cars, Trucks, Buses

--- cut ---

they told that they add an "ignition improover", that allows to use ethanol with standart diesel compression, but i can't find any real information about it...

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: mån 08-09-15 11:49 
Forummoderator

Interesting!
What we know about the ignition improver in D95, is that it is ordinary glychole.
Propylene glychole if my memory works OK.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: mån 08-09-15 12:36 

another text:

--- cut ---

de95 diesenol technologyProprietary technology for the ONLY 95% pure ethanol product for use in unmodified diesel engines. The technology involves the use of our proprietary catalyst which renders ethanol fit to use in any modern diesel vehicle. Extensively tested on city busses and trucks as well as in the lab, DE95 improves torque and power, significantly reduces emissions, and increases oil change intervals of diesel powered vehicles.
DE95 Diesenol is a fuel created specifically for use in diesel engines. DE95 consists of 95.2% ethanol and 4.8% a proprietary petrochemical additive the rights to which are wholly owned and controlled by XcelPlus Global Holdings. Developed during the 1970s and 80s by a group of fuel chemists and engineers, the components DE95 allow ethanol ignition while providing lubrication for components of the injection system (nozzles and injection pump elements). DE95 also prevents corrosion and maintains the energy content of the ethanol.
DE95 offers many benefits over Bio Diesel, which is either a mixture of Diesel fuel and 15% ethanol, or a mixture of Diesel Fuel and vegetable oil. DE95 flows better in cold temperatures than diesel, so cold starting is improved. Because DE95 is almost entirely ethanol, it burns cleaner than any other diesel compatible fuel, and use would significantly reduce emissions from City buses, automobiles and over the road trucks.
During the 1980’s the DE95 was widely tested powering ethanol production truck trailers and city buses. These truck and bus engines operated up to 400,000KM each, without any problems in the injection systems. Additionally, carbon deposit levels in the combustion chambers, valves, piston rings and pistons were better than usual.

During the tests crankcase oil was continuously monitored. Contamination by ash, sulfur and iron was also better than the normal. As a consequence, the useful life of crankcase oil was extended from about 7,500/10,000KM to 20,000/25,000KM. Useful engine life was increased, and maintenance costs were reduced. The level of emissions of PM and NOX, the most dangerous polluters was extremely low.

--- cut ---

forum engine do not allow me insert direct link.
another text:

--- cut ---

XcelPlus International Announces Diesenol Bio-Diesel
Tuesday May 23, 10:51 am ET

SALUDA, VA--(MARKET WIRE)--May 23, 2006 -- In recent press releases, XcelPlus International Inc. (Other OTC:XLPI.PK - News) announced its negotiations for a bio-diesel product called Diesenol. Due to an overwhelming number of questions from our shareholders, the Company is pleased to describe this alternative bio-diesel fuel product in detail.
Diesenol is the only nearly pure ethanol product for use in UNMODIFIED diesel engines. This alternative to traditional bio-diesel fuel consists of 95.2% ethanol and 4.8% proprietary petrochemical additive. XcelPlus International President Bill R. Smith expects to finalize negotiations for exclusive rights to this product by May 31st 2006.
Diesenol bio-diesel additive was developed by a group of fuel chemists and engineers to allow ethanol ignition while providing lubrication for injector nozzles and pump elements. This exciting ethanol based bio-diesel substitute was extensively tested in the lab, and on city busses and trucks, and outperformed ordinary diesel as well as conventional bio-diesel, which is either a mixture of Diesel fuel and 15% ethanol, or a mixture of Diesel Fuel and vegetable oil.

The test results showed that Diesenol improves torque and power, significantly reduces emissions, increases oil change intervals, and prolongs engine life of diesel powered vehicles. It flows better in cold temperatures than diesel or conventional bio-diesel, improving cold start performance. It burns cleaner than any other diesel compatible fuel, and significantly reduces emissions. Tested truck and bus engines operated up to 400,000 kilometers each without any problems in the injection systems. Additionally, carbon deposit levels, ash, sulfur and iron contamination were all better than normal for diesel engines.

According to XcelPlus International President Bill R. Smith, "Our plans for marketing our bio-diesel technology includes teaming with major ethanol producers to bring this product to major metropolitan areas where emissions of existing city busses and trucks can be greatly improved without engine modification."

--- cut ---

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: mån 08-09-15 15:32 
Forummoderator

Sounds great! No engine modifications!
+LONGER engine oil life!
Excactly what we are proposing for Otto-eninges too...

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: mån 08-09-15 16:31 

Look what i found:

--- cut ---

http://www.cpm.chalmers.se/CPMDatabase/ ... -02-03-850

--- cut ---

Making emulsions of ethanol in diesel fuel by the use of surfactants is an accepted practice in Sweden. Ethanol with ignition improvers has now become an established bus fuel. The Swedish company, Sekab, works in these areas and manufactures this fuel, c alled Etamax-D, as a sole fuel. Blends of 85 per cent diesel and 15 per cent ethanol under the proprietary name Etamix-D are also made

--- cut ---

Stan, Prof. Corne,l Dr. Andrei Stanciu, Hochschule Zwickau, Bioethanol: Technische Konzepte und ihre Bewertung, 2005
Svensk Ethanolkemi AB, Box 286, S-891 26 Örnsköldsvik, Sweden, Phone +46 660 - 758 00, SALES SPECIFICATION ETHANOL FUEL, ETAMAX D (E95 for Scania Ethanol Diesel Engines)

--- cut ---

can anyone in Sweden call to this number and ask about Etamax D ?

PS Ignition improover is "Beraid" (poly-ethylene-glycol derivative from Akzo Nobel)

PPS :-( Etamax is not Diesenol or DE95... now i see...

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tis 09-11-10 21:01 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4OxgvK3ZMo

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 12 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme