Etanol.nu

Forum för föreningen etanol.nu
Aktuellt datum och tid: tor 24-03-28 10:32

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 3 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
InläggPostat: ons 12-08-01 20:31 

Inte så mycket till diskussionsämne, men det finns ju vissa som tvivlar...

"To get to 100 mpg, we did Test Driven Development. We started with software to automate/simulate the EPA city (UDDS) and highway (HWFET) driving cycle to get what the EPA got when we entered in the data for cars currently sold. Then, using exploratory testing the algorithm returned the cloud of parameters that could achieve 100 mpg. Then a human analyzed those "possible" parameters to determine which were inexpensive and/or less complex. What we ended up doing was reducing the weight to a bit less than half the weight of a Prius without compromising safety. Pre-X Prize, about half our engineering time went to iterating lighter and lighter safety structures. Then, we have about half the aerodynamic drag of a Prius. That's mostly through simply reducing the frontal area- most of the car is 2' tall. Then, we optimized the BSFC (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption) of the engine- per gram of fuel that goes in how many Killowatt hours come out. We pre-heat our fuel, modify our injection- essentially all types of little tweaks that each give 1% gain- but in aggregate give us another 20% fuel economy boost. Some of what we came up with was novel, and the one part of the car we've provisionally patented is a part of our fuel economy tech" - Joe Justice (Wikispeed)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comment ... d_my_team/

Skall alltså ge högre verkningsgrad även för bensinare, enligt människor som verkar veta vad de sysslar med.

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

InläggPostat: tor 12-08-02 07:57 
Forummoderator

Ja, det är intressant, den gamle Smokey Younk trots allt hade rätt då..Han jobbade mkt med förvärmning.

InläggPostat: tor 12-08-02 10:31 
Användarvisningsbild

karlmb skrev:
Ja, det är intressant, den gamle Smokey Younk trots allt hade rätt då..Han jobbade mkt med förvärmning.

Ha! Jag minns honom! Läste om honom i någon biltidning när jag gick i grundskolan, plus att några bilägande vänner talade mycket och gott om honom. Just om det där med bränsleförvärmning.

"When the going gets tough, the tough get duct-tape." (Dr. Mabuse http://www.skepticfriends.org)

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 3 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme