InläggPostat: fre 13-08-16 21:25 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

http://www.ecoseed.org/renewables/bioen ... htra-india

Citat:
Cellulosic ethanol facility to process agricultural waste in Maharashtra, India

Details Category: Ethanol
13 Aug 2013

Published on Tuesday, 13 August 2013 08:14 Hits (392)

Praj Industries is setting up the first cellulosic ethanol demo plant in South Asia in the state of Maharashtra in India.

The company, which is a global provider of process solutions for bioethanol, alcohol and brewery, water and wastewater and critical process equipment, is setting up an integrated second generation cellulosic ethanol plant.

Work on the project has commenced with the groundbreaking for the facility on August 8 at Shirala in Sangli District in Maharashtra.

The demo plant will operate on different variety of biomass feedstock including agricultural wastes such as corn stover, cobs and bagasse. The demo plant will be able to process around 100 dry tons of biomass per day into biofuel, biochemicals and bioproducts.

The plant represents 6 years of research and development from Praj. Praj expects the project cost to be in the region of $25 million.

"Ground breaking of 2G Cellulosic ethanol plant is a giant leap in biotechnology and towards a more sustainable world. The greenhouse gas savings from Cellulosic ethanol is greater than those from 1st Generation crop-based biofuels as well as fossil-based fuel and hence this project will play a vital role in reducing carbon footprints. The project site at Shirala gives us a locational advantage in terms of sourcing of biomass, utilities and manpower,” said Pramod Chaudhari, executive chairman of Praj industries.

For the project, Praj will associate with Viraj Alcohols and Allied Industries Limites, and existing ethanol producer in Western Maharashtra and a long term client of Praj. V.A.A.I.L. will provide the land and allied services for the operation of the project.

"Viraj has more than a decade's experience in operating ethanol plants based on both, molasses as well as grains. Praj has supplied both these plant. It gives me great pride to be associated with Praj as it will give us the opportunity of participating in a path-breaking project," said Mansinghrao Naik, chairman of V.A.A.I.L.

The demo plant will seek to demonstrate various technical parameters including optimization of water and energy integration and its impact on the capex and opex. The plant will also develop the entire value chain including biomass handling and biomass composition and its impact on the operations. – EcoSeed Staff

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 1 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme