Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik: Senaste IEA rapport
InläggPostat: ons 08-11-12 15:30 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

http://www.iea.org/w/bookshop/add.aspx?id=353

Från Executive summary http://www.iea.org/Textbase/npsum/WEO2008SUM.pdf

Citat:
The world’s energy system is at a crossroads. Current global trends in energy supply and consumption are patently unsustainable — environmentally, economically, socially. But that can — and must — be altered; there’s still time to change the road we’re on.

It is not an exaggeration to claim that the future of human prosperity depends on how successfully we tackle the two central energy challenges facing us today: securing the supply of reliable and affordable energy; and effecting a rapid transformation to a low-carbon, efficient and environmentally benign system of energy supply. What is needed is nothing short of an energy revolution. This World Energy Outlook demonstrates how that might be achieved through decisive policy action and at what cost. It also describes the consequences of failure.

Citat:
The consequences for the global climate of policy inaction are shocking

The projected rise in emissions of greenhouse gases in the Reference Scenario puts us on a course of doubling the concentration of those gases in the atmosphere by the end of this century, entailing an eventual global average temperature increase of up to 6°C.

The Reference Scenario trends point to continuing growth in emissions of CO2 and other greenhouse gases. Global energy-related CO2 emissions rise from 28 Gt in 2006 to 41 Gt in 2030 — an increase of 45%. The 2030 projection is only 1 Gt lower than that projected in last year’s Outlook, even though we assume much higher prices and slightly lower world GDP growth. World greenhouse-gas emissions, including non-energy CO2 and all other gases, are projected to grow from 44 Gt CO2-equivalent in 2005 to 60 Gt CO 2-eq in 2030, an increase of 35% over 2005.

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 1 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme