Etanol.nu

Forum för föreningen etanol.nu
Aktuellt datum och tid: tis 24-03-19 09:03

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 9 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
InläggPostat: sön 09-05-03 19:39 

hi, a friend of mine contacted me and told me about his problems in his Volvo Turbo, B230FT.

after opening the engine, which died by thermic overlaod, caused by too much turbo pressure (modified), he found adhesions. These are soft, sticky and dark, just like bitumen.

the adhesions affect the injection valves, the inlet valves and the air intakes of the engine. He guess that this could be a chemical reaction between the E85 and the full synthetic oil, which is always in the intake air in very small amounts.

reflecting my chemical knowing the oil is completely soluable in E85.
he told me that he knows to other Volvo drivers, both Turbo engines, with the same phenomenon.

i do not kno if these engines are FT or low pressure FK ones, like mine......and i hope that my car is not affected by this damned stuff.

is there known something like this in any way? what, do you think, could be the reason for this?

http://www.ethanol-tanken.com
http://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detailansicht[url]/349366.html[/url]

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: sön 09-05-10 13:30 

does no one have any idea??

http://www.ethanol-tanken.com
http://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detailansicht[url]/349366.html[/url]

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: sön 09-05-10 17:03 
Användarvisningsbild

I know there have been quite much talk around in this forum for two different kind of problems and these are:

1. Pink/red dirt build up at the injection nozzles.
2. Sticky brown stuff build up in the throttle body. I think "Ordnung" here at the forum has more to tell about this problem.

Good luck!

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre 09-05-15 12:33 
Forummoderator

All 4-cylinder Volvo engines with a "F" in the type designation have electronic injection systems.

Regarding Volvo's engine temperature meters, those have a very annoying feature on some models (as far as I know, on the 700 and 900 series from about 1987 on). Those meters have a large "dead band", so that the needle stays at mid-scale from about 60 to 110 °C of engine temperature. The end positions of the scale correspond to approximately 40 and 120 °C. The behaviour at the high-temperature part of the range can be adjusted by a trimpot in the instrument, but the low-temperature behaviour is not adjustable.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: sön 09-05-17 10:26 

Ordnung skrev:
Yes I've had bitumen (tar)-like aggregations in the injector nozzles of the Porsche.

Hello
In French Rover forum, some people report similar experience of tar in the injector nozzle ... they claim it was linked to the dissolution/disintegration of some plastic part of the fuel pump
Bye

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: sön 09-05-17 21:44 
Användarvisningsbild

Ordnung skrev:
As far as I remember it was mineral oil that was the problem. But more about that could probably be read (or if someone remembers) in swedish under Risker. Although the content of the board was deleted in 2006 and this had just happened then - I've rewritten the story at least once. Of course it's ok to cite swedish in this forum if it is then explained in a proper language.

Volvo-Berti, if you don't read Swedish, you could try accessing the forum via Google's language tool.
http://www.google.se/language_tools?hl=en
Input the URL into the "Translage a web page" and make sure to set it to translate from Swedish to English. I suppose you could translate into other languages too, but since the translation enginge partly runs on user input, and Swedish - English translation is the most common, that's the best bet for an accurate translation. You seem proficient enough in English to make the most use of it that way.

Link to translation of "risker" (risks).

"When the going gets tough, the tough get duct-tape." (Dr. Mabuse http://www.skepticfriends.org)

InläggPostat: tis 11-11-22 03:16 

Ceyal35 skrev:
Ordnung skrev:
Yes I've had bitumen (tar)-like aggregations in the injector nozzles of the Porsche.

Hello

In French Rover forum, some people report similar experience of tar in the injector nozzle ... they claim it was linked to the dissolution/disintegration of some plastic part of the fuel pump

Bye

the red goo is oil from engen ventilation or valv leak or leaking turbo mixed with the pink colour in the E85, you should se the valvs and around the valv when you take of the manifold :mrgreen:
it did't be like that befor they did cooler the E85.
I recomend oil cach tank to solv that, if you still get that gu your engen ned some renovation on the engine.

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 9 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme